Ethos and values
“Greenacre International School provides a stimulating and enriching education within a supportive, inclusive community, where each person matters and in which all students have the opportunity to thrive and fulfil their potential as a global citizen”.
our key values
At Greenacre, we understand that personal growth is a fundamental cornerstone of developing our students and staff to be the very best version of themselves they can be. By motivating and challenging our students to grow and do their very best we are building their personal qualities and equipping them for the future.
We encourage a culture of respect at Greenacre through honouring the rights of each person as a unique individual, by recognising that each person has something to share and that we can each have a different viewpoint. We foster a sense of respect for ourselves and others.
Through our teaching and learning, we foster a sense of environmental awareness. Through the exploration of the natural world and instilling a sense of care we are developing the awareness of the future custodians of the planet.
Understanding others without judgement and with compassion is a cornerstone value at Greenacre. We encourage our students and staff to develop their empathetic skills so that they develop greater emotional intelligence, understand how to manage negativity and set a good example for others.
1. Children’s learning is understood developmentally
2. The classroom offers a safe base
3. The importance of nurture for the development of wellbeing
4. Language is a vital means of communication
5. All behaviour is communication
6. The importance of transition in children’s lives
Ref: Lucas,S., Insley,K. and Buckland,G. (2006) Nurture Group Principles and Curriculum Guidelines Helping Children to Achieve, nurtureuk
Greenacre International School equips our students for life in the 21st Century.
We do this by:
- Teaching students to be environmentally aware citizens.
- Developing and empowering confident young people with high self-respect.
- Encouraging responsible global citizens who make a positive contribution to their communities.
- Developing a culture of excellence that stretches and challenges all.
- Working with parents and carers to ensure their own and their child’s learning and personal development.
- Providing a safe environment where personal and professional development are supported.
- Supporting and nurturing students in achieving their ambitions.